A big thank you to Carolyn who shares her recipe for delicious Christmas Cake!
- 500g of mixed dried grapes
- 8 diced candied orange (or mixed fruit)
- 1 grated apple
- the zest of a lemon and an orange
- 5cl of Whiskey or Cognac
- 135g of butter
- 125g of brown sugar
- 150g of flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200g Almond powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 mixture of spices
- Apricot jam or orange
- 1 egg
- 180g of icing sugar
- Marinate the raisins, candied orange, apple, citrus zest in 5cl of whiskey or brandy for an hour or two.
- Preheat your oven to 160 ° C.
- Prepare the pastry: mix the softened butter well with sugar like brown sugar or red and add the flour with a pinch of salt.
- Add the almond powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and a mixture of spices (ginger, coriander, cardamom, star anise …).
- Add the macerated fruit with juice and brandy and mix well.
- In a round mold buttered 20-23 cm (unless it is made of silicone), put the pastry inside.
- Bake for 45 minutes (check with the tip of a knife stung to the heart, if it is cooked, it should come out clean).
- Leave the cake in the mold before unmolding.
- When the cake has cooled, put it in a cloth and a box for about five days.
- Final preparation (tricky): Spread the apricot jam or marmalade cake (very finely) and cover the entire white marzipan cake or yellow we will have flattened roller.
- For the royal icing: Beat minimum power drummer an egg white with the icing sugar.
- Then cover the cake frosting.
- Finish with decorations in a choice of ready-made sugar paste or marzipan! There are a variety of “Christmas Special” pastry decorations on the shelves today.
Tip: The cake is retained in the open air without any problem for at least two weeks (usually before it is finished, no one can resist!)
Enjoy & Share you Christmas Cake !